Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New beginnings...again

June 11, 2013


I strongly believe that teaching is a journey.  One never knows the paths their career will take.  I started teaching over eight years ago.  During those eight years there have been many joys and sorrows.  I have built my home and family during those eight years.  I have taught fourth, second, and fifth grade and have learned from countless colleagues.  The one thing I have learned, during those eight years, is that things are ever-changing.

As this school year comes to an end (6 1/2 days left...yes I am indeed counting), I must once again get ready to begin again.  While I am thrilled to be teaching second grade next year (my third year in a row....this is a really big deal), I received the news recently that I must pack and move my classroom again (7th time in 8 years)....boo hoo hoo.

Throughout the last year I have worked tirelessly to create an awesome safari themed classroom for my students.  Many of these ideas were collected from numerous, talented bloggers that I have found via Pinterest.  So I have decided to help chronicle my journey through a blog also.  Perhaps I too will be able to inspire others.

This blog is dedicated to all my fellow colleagues and bloggers that have had a rewarding (and sometimes frustrated) journey through teaching.  I am hoping to build an extended family through this blog.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment